Happy New Year! I am loving the year 2015 so far. It is mainly because I just celebrated my birthday at the Great Wolf Lodge, and it was AWESOME! It could be because this year I am not pregnant…who knows, all I know is that it will only get better!
To make up for my lack of jewelry posts this past year, I am going to make it up to you by actually doing a jewelry post. Which involves beads, Sterling Silver wire, pen and pliers.
My neighbor has a lot of beads and it was fun to see the different combos that she made with all of her jewelry creations. This was the piece of jewelry that she made. At this point I was trying to get my supplies ready to teach her how to make a design, and then I quickly realized that she knew what she wanted to make, and my jewelry knowledge was not needed. In fact I learned a lot from her and she is a jeweler at heart:)
She did not measure out the wire, the method she used was she got the end of the sterling wire and wrapped it around the bead. Then she added the two beads, made a fancy curve at the top and got a pen to bend down the wire.
The hardest part was making the curve at the top the same. It was fun to see these earrings on her the next day.
My neighbor LOVES to make jewelry. I should have gotten her a jewelry kit for Christmas, her birthday is coming up, I think I know what to get her:) Her daughter is having a birthday party and my neighbor wanted to make jewelry as an activity, so she borrowed my box of jewelry supplies and I can’t wait to hear how it goes.
Maybe, just maybe one of the girls will get such a kick out of making jewelry and a jeweler will have been born…now that is a fun thought!
Tales of the Shop
Going to the Great Wolf Lodge was so much fun. I do have a few tips….
1. It is a money pit, everything costs A LOT of money, and they make it nearly impossible to be able to bring outside food to be able to save on money. We ended up eating in the Lobby of the hotel…Not one of our finest moments but we did it:)
2. You cannot pop popcorn in their microwave…have never seen that printed on a microwave before.
3. It is hard to keep track of all of your older kids, especially if they have a wristband that will let them ride on rides all by themselves…We spent most of the second day looking for Zach!
4. The wave pool is dangerous, period! Why they even have Wave Pools is beyond me!!!!!
5. Do not introduce you three year old to the coolest water slide he can possibly go on and then have him go on the kiddie slides, it will not go over well at all!
6. You will be praying a lot that everyone is safe, and maybe reconsider what the best age is to bring your kids to a water park. I was thinking that maybe having 4 boys 7, 5, 3, and 10 months with two adults might not have been a good idea!
7. Kids have so much energy, it is really incredible how they can keep on going and going and going. I finally had to tell them that it was my birthday and it was time to go, and this was at 6:00 pm, and I thought I was being reasonable.
8. It was worth it! I am so happy we went on this trip, the memories are priceless:)